Saturday, April 24, 2010

What are some ways i can play with my new pet rats?? :-)?

so i got 2 hairless rats, 2 days ago. and i've already started holding them, because they have just BEGGED for attention 24/7 since the second i got them home. they let me pick them up, they let me pet them, they let me put their lotion on (since they're hairless and their skin needs special attention). they "groom" me, etc....


but what are some ways i can play with them? oreo is my active little explorer. he never sits still, and enjoys running all over me, including trying to get inside my shirt/pants! (typical boy...lol). but jack is slightly calmer. he likes to run all over too, but he also likes to cuddle, and just lay down on me.


what are some things i can do with them, other than just letting them run around on me? do they actually have fun doing that?


links are welcome, but give me some of your own ideas too that you do with your rats or rodents!!

What are some ways i can play with my new pet rats?? :-)?
There are so many things.. Instead of me trying to decide which one to mention.. and then type it all out.. Here is a site that has some ideas.. WITH pictures.. It's a great site that I think any rat owner should see..


http://www.dapper.com.au/toys.htm
Reply:You can get some cool stuff to put in their cage or tank for them to play with by themselves when you are busy, mine love PVC tubes and they would probably like little ladders and such. They may also like the hamster balls, some of my rats do and others don't. I have also heard that rats are very smart, so you could try and train them ;)





By the way, where did you get your hairless rats?


No comments:

Post a Comment