Saturday, April 24, 2010

I need help pls!Can I be allergic because of tanning?

I was tanning just a couple of times and second time i got badly red... but I think I'm allergic, because litlle blisters came on my skin where I got red and itch.

I need help pls!Can I be allergic because of tanning?
Some medications (Prozac comes to mind, but there are several) can cause photo sensitivity in some people. Are you taking any medicines? If so, look into the side effects and see if that might be the cause.





Did you just plain burn? Sunburned skin will blister if it's bad enough. Hope you feel better soon.
Reply:Yes, meds can indeed cause photo sensitivity. I don't know how current contraceptive pills are, but I became photosensitive because of them many years ago, and I still am even though I haven't taken the pills since. Try exposing only one leg when you tan. If that one develops the blisters and the covered leg does not, then you'll have a pretty good idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment